Monday 6 June 2011

Island Time in the Swedish Summer

My camera has been dead for a while and so have I, but here are some pretty (unfortunately unedited) photos from my time at our summerhouse outside Gothenburg, been there a week after I flew in from Barcelona (Primavera Sound Festival) on Monday.
There will be more photos up from parties prior to my two and half week vacation shortly, when I hit my laptop back in Dundee this Friday. My London-based high school friends Nina and Karma are visiting for the weekend and I get to see lots of other lovely people again!

Hamburgö:
Taking a coffeebreak (one of many) with stepmom's mom and dad,
my stepgran always makes lots of cakes, she's the best!
Matilda's T reads "Less Water, More Bubbles!"
The top terrace view and the house
Pale and proud until I burn and cry.
The first swim of the year without a wetsuit

Some thought me creepy and crazy

But the next day we're all diving in
Stepsis Matilda and I ("reading")
Island style

The Swedish diet
When you're old you apparantly don't celebrate your birthday but a cake was still made The heat increases day by day...
A ferry ride for home made ice cream on the other side.

Heya! Back on the island
Swimming away, loosing the sweat The last supper - taking the ferry from the island to the mainland (5 mins) Hjalmar's, a popular restaurant/ bar for young hot Norweigans

Everything's in bloom, it's so hot and sunny

Staying skinny at Hjalmar's
Epic sky at 11pm

Brother and I
ProCivitas kids

The rib-stole for every season.
Shortly after the walk home I finally skyped to Kirsty (in the garden for the whole island to hear) as the mosquitoes feasted upon my legs. It was the last night, I had sweet dreams

My brother manning up back in Helsingborg at Mom's house
Mom is still a schoolgirl

Summer feeling! Let's keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment