Monday 23 November 2009

WAVVES




Finally, I got to see WAVVES. After about three attempts.
I went to see them in Glasgow with Jennie, at Captain's Rest. It was a fun night, we locked ourselves in the bathroom and drank all the beer that we had brought with us.
They weren't on until 11, and when they did come on the sound was off. Drums, bass and guitar were on painfully loud settings, so you could only hear a slight buzzing noise when he sung into the mic, couldn't hear much, just watched him bobbing his head.
Was a pity. And the drummer WAVVES frontman was playing with was an arrogant ass. Let's just say Jennie asked them if I could have the set list, I gave constructive feedback and got slapped in the face with wise ass responses.
"Are YOU the lead singer of a band that tours around the world?"
The sarcasm didn't stop there; "You seem pleasant."
What a cunt. Wavves aren't really one of my preferred contemporary acts anymore. Don't think I'll listen to them for a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment