Friday 17 September 2010

Surfing Hurts


Today I went surfing for the first time with the club. On land everything seemed fine, I could jump up on the board no problem. Then the first wave hit me and i wasn't really prepared so the board tore away from my arm in the current (and now it's getting progressively stiffer and more painful to move). Then I paddle a bit the waves are big and nice, but i keep diving under the waves and they keep smashing up my face. So the pro Jesus gives us two newbies quick tips and I feel motivated to get back in, "hellz yeah" but then the waves are harder and the fin of my board manages to scratch my eye from eyebrow to cheek as well as banging up my chin. I don't know why photo booth makes people look perfect but the scratches don't look that good in real life..
I don't mean to whine but I return home face and arm mangled, and expected to like surfing?
I feel like the sea hates me and is bullying me, punching me over and over again, like a wife beating husband. Who needs a man when you've got the sea?

But of course, I won't give up. I'll keep on trying even if it means I end up looking like a boxer.

No comments:

Post a Comment