Thursday 13 January 2011

M.I.A, having so much fun in Geneva!

Will update more when I get back to Dundee tomorrow for yet another ramapant thumpingly happy evening!
I arrived in Geneva on Monday, Annuka showed me the ropes of the town, we bought awesome pistachio macaroons from Manor, my favorite ginormous compartment store ever!
Things aren't expensive here compared to Sweden because the Swiss franc is rather low, but it is compared to the Scotland.
Then later that evening we went to Café du commerce and had cheese fondue with Flo, one of Annuka's awesome pink friends. Later on others joined, they were ace! Momo is probably one of my favorites. Daniel is rad too! The language barrier is a slight problem because there is an overload of French language that otherwise wouldn't be a problem to understand, but it's just a lot, and I've been ill, my sinuses are swollen and nasty, my body has had a hot sweaty feverish glow. So, with some I speak to through translation. Quentin speaks as little English as I speak French, or probably less.

On Tuesday, Flo drove us to Verbier, we were joined by two friendly blokes (skiers) so I wasn't alone on skiis. Annuka and Flo Snowboarded. Need I say it was amazing? I have missed skiing so much! And the snow was far better than when I visited Verbier last year. When we went home we went to Café du commerce again, and probably had the best night ever, a lot of "brilliant" expressions were coined.

On Wednesday we had amazing sushi with one of Annuka's smartest close friends. Annuka values peoples intelligence according to how many points they got in the IB. I bought pistachio milkshake at McDonald's! Then we met up with Momo and Sarah to go to Mamco, the modern art museum, bumbed into Zito (who's in the Postmen). It was good fun but mainly because they were acting silly. After this we bought macaroons, Sangria, white wine, and raclette cheese at Manor to prepare for the party!
At the party yesterday evening I met most of Annuka's good friends and had some great conversations and endured lively festivities. It ended rather late, everyone but us had to get up early the next morning, so Annuka and myself felt raher lucky.

Today, we've just walked the dog, freshened up, and now were ready to hit the town for dinner and a Postmen's concert, how awesome!!

I'll post the millions of pictures when I'm back tomorrow
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment