Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas Fairy Tale

This summarises the days I spent at my country house outside of Gothenburg celebrating Christmas. It was very quiet and cosy and we just watched movies and ate loads of fresh home made food, really. Didn't get much reading done. But whenever we did go outside it was vastly beautiful and very cold (-15), my step-mom freaked me out by saying "your tights will mesh with your thighs!"
My dad bewildered by saying that mice lie deep in the snow to stay warm in the winter. I don't think that's true. The tiny little wild forest mice came in from the cold, traps were set in most corners, my step-granddad said "the best way to kill them is to shoot them" so they brought forth a shotgun.

Here is the proof:
Where I slept:
Living room
Frontyard view:
Various views from the terrace:

We're in the yellow house!
Christmas dinner:



The day after, traditional Swedish food: lutefisk



Ice skating, the winning activity of the visit:


Glad to be back in civilisation!

No comments:

Post a Comment