Sunday 27 December 2009

A High School Kid Once More.

I'm back in Helsingborg, I've been relaxing with exercise and steam showers.

The last two days in Barcelona (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) were the best.
We had an Antoni Gaudi day on Christmas Eve. We went to Palau Güell, Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell.

Rain stopped midday on the 24th as we went to the Güell park, the sun shone through, the sky went blue. I took photos of the many joggers (predominantly muscley men in mini shorts) and befriended the creepy dragon sculpture (the uglier one that was drooling seaweed and no one was taking pictures with).

Then we walked downtown along Gràcia to avoid the subway (my mom was pick pocketed earlier this day) and went to see 'the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' at the only original language cinema in Barcelona!

I don't speak Spanish and I can't stand it when old men wave their finger at me thinking I'm stupid. Assholes - I'm intelligent!

Also Spanish guys stare. They seem pervy. Doubt I'll ever get jiggy with a Spaniard.

Anyhow, had the best lambchop of my life Christmas Eve (Swedish Christmas) and I got lovely little touristy gifts including the famous rather handsome Güell dragon in the form of a fridge magnet.

The next day we packed our bags and strolled in the 17 degree celsius sun!

Apart from the bitchy fat waitress with dark dark roots, the day was perfect!

-----

Now I'm going to enjoy some of mom's onion soup, then dash into town for coffee with a friend.

hola guapa!

No comments:

Post a Comment