Friday 4 December 2009

Studying & Thinking About Food

Studying my ass off today 'cause I was lazy yesterday
and did nothing at all.

Tonight we're having Christmas dinner at the flat, however don't really know how much of a proper dinner it will be since I believe that two of my favourite flatmates are making turkey sandwiches (- not real food)! My contribution to the buffet-styled affair will be:
- Swedish meat balls (what makes Swedish meatballs Swedish?)
- mini sausages ('prinskorv' aka "prince sausages")
- lingon berry sauce
- creamy pepper sauce
- boiled carrots and broccoli (no one really eats vegetables in my flat)
- cupcakes (buying them from Greggs)

I've come to the conclusion that maybe a lot of students here in Dundee weren't encouraged to try new foods, and mature in their taste for food, as we were in Sweden. It's considered lame and pathetic not to try new things back home. Here? It's the fucking norm.

I'm preparing for the only degree exam that I have left,
International Business Environment.

I need my chocolate and clementines (et al) when I study,
that's why I keep going to the gym so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment