Thursday 25 March 2010

London Summary

Friday the 19th - Monday the 21st of March.






Went to London, crashed at Ed's. I brought beer and crisps. We went to a pub. Went back. Sleep. Wake up, study, go shopping in Portobello, chat to Jelena for an hour or so until she gets off work (American Apparel). Her place is "rat infested" and her room mate is annoying and her place is horrible, so maybe it's best if I ask Ed if I can stay the weekend. I hop on the bus from Notting Hill to Westbourne Park and dump my shopping asking Ed in front of his bassist I just met if this "would be possible" - embarrassing. He was kind as usual and said yes. I hopped on a bus to Camden with J who was feeling rather icky, so we went to our favourite pub in Camden - Lock Tavern and had a few sips. Ed said they weren't going to Camden, instead ordered me to buy falafels for four. I joined him and the bassist in the flat across Ed's - 3 Senegalese guys showing some lovely music.






The next day I met up with my old childhood friend Erica who I literally hadn't seen in years. We went to Brick Lane, checked out the vintage market et al, I got some dark purple Docs (now realising they're a size too small), sipped tea, enjoyed the sunlight, I bought loads of lovely market food and sipped some more tea. Below is the transition from Brick Lane to Spitalfields where they have amazing 'clean food' - nothing dodgy. Amazing day. Finished it off with wine and the IT Crowd. The next day I said bye bye to this fabulous place to return to Dundee.



No comments:

Post a Comment