Tuesday 23 March 2010

Today I Have a Fever

and my voice is rough and phlegmy as never before. Hopefully it will recover for tomorrow, for the gig at Chambers. I hope the barman's remembered to get Beach House!

Yesterday, after befriending a lovely man called Donald on the train, who's playing Beauty's dad in the musical Beauty and the Beast at the Whitehall Theatre (Dundee), I ran to the Underground where musicians were in panic - nothing was ready. Then someone brought an extension lead with turned out to be the solution to all problems. We played first, I danced, they clapped. The crowd liked us. Other bands were tighter than us, but we technically came tied first place, it was up to the shout of the crowd. The other band came first, they had a bigger fan base that we can't compete with after having only played 4 gigs.

I'll write a weekend summary later today when I'm cramming for the accounting exam tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment