Saturday 20 March 2010

Settled in London

Did I just spend an hour on my hair? At my friends flat, in the mess that is the 'lounge'


So, everything went well on the train, the middle aged business men said that I should join them at the "most expensive Chinese restaurant in the world" in SoHo, since it's owned by their friend who's serving for free. That was awkward. They apparently thought it would be fun to embarrass their friend by me bringing along loads of people. Yeah, that joke was on me.

When I arrived I applied makeup because let's face it, after a six hour train journey, I'm really not that good looking! I dropped off my minimal baggage at my friend's, we ran to an electronic store and then to a pub. All this in Queensway. Then we went home and got drunk on the beer I had brought as a thank you-present. Then I didn't fall asleep so I took loads of pictures of the room and some of my tired self.

Today my friend is at work, and guess what, oh - I am at work! I actually managed to study and start my economics essay on the train. It's due in two weeks, I am proud of myself! Studying some more accounting, then I am hitting Portobello to check out the awesome vintage store 'Relic' and buy an acid wash tee at American Apparel. Next, if I have time, I'll go to Topshop and Urban Outfitters on Oxford Street.

Now I am going for some food, hitting the books, and I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment