Wednesday 10 March 2010

AMAZING HAPPINESS SUPER DAY

Had the best day yesterday - what one would almost call perfect: I took only two papers with me to my Economics tutorial so I could leave straight after. I understood what the hell was going on in class - amazing! I met up with Kirsten, we bought booze and a sausage roll. Four cans of Red Stripe, two bottles of cider. If we consumed it? Oh yes. On the bus! Lovely bus ride, the sun was shining the weather was fine, with the handsome countryside on our side and ginger Scottish cows.

Upon arrival and a little bit tipsy, we go into Topshop on Princes Street. I buy a bra and an I Love New York t-shirt which I now regret and want to kill and return. Next we hitch across the bridge, go to for some food at 'The Malt Shovel', a pub with some excellent 2 for £10 grub. I'm in love (and I've been here before)! Then it's concert time. Kirsten's had a vodka cranberry still standing strong, whilst I've had another beer and trying to sober up eating Kirsten's chocolate. We trek along.
For some reason I have a cigarette in my bag and I give it to a homeless man who turned down the chocolate. Apparently beggars can be choosers.

Queens Hall is just straight ahead and we manage to run in just as Beach House start playing one of my faves off their new album - A Walk in the Park! Oh yeah. It's not overly crowded and a lot of people seem to have little idea of who Beach House are. They play a short set of six songs including Zebra, Norway, Silver Soul, Take Care of You and Gila. The leading lady was mellow as usual and didn't say much.

Grizzly Bear come on. Their records do not do justice to their sound! They're extraordinarily talented musicians - I never realised how much they swap things around, with two different lead vocalists for various songs and it seemed like they each had 3 instruments to switch between. The light show is amazing! Whilst Beach House had lights in furry white pine trees, Grizzly Bear has light bulbs glass jars hanging down from wooden panels at different heights and lengths.

The highlight of the show is when Victoria Legrand gets back up on stage to support Grizzly Bear, first doing back up in "Two Weeks" then there was the epic mash up! I've been trying to look for the two songs which I now in hind sight I realise is the track "Slow Life" they did for the soundtrack of New Moon... Which means I made quite a few embarrassing comments on how amazing this mash up was and Kirsten's like "they should record it!" I'm like "totally!"
Oh, wait - they already have!

I left the concert with a new Beach House t-shirt in my possession.
Oh yes.


The sun is shining today too! What a perfect day to buy a camera and ink for my printer!
Also a perfect day to do my Psychology report which I'm doing at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment